Phoenix's premier short fiction storytelling event.
Press for The Build
The Build has been featured by Bike Exif (excerpt), Maxim, Huckberry (excerpt), Iron & Air, Petrolicious, Gear Patrol, The Field Mag, Fatlace, Bike Exif: New and Notable, Bike Exif's Instagram page, The Drive, and Silodrome. See shots from the launch party in Austin, TX.
100 Creatives profile (#54), Phoenix New Times, July 2016
- The Build, Octane Press, 2016
- Experience Required, New Riders, 2015
- The Tao of User Experience, 2014
- Big Deal, 2011
- Designing the Obvious, 2nd Ed., New Riders, 2010
- Web Anatomy, New Riders, 2009
- Designing the Moment, New Riders, 2009
- Designing the Obvious, 1st Ed., New Riders, 2006
- Flash Out of the Box, O'Reilly, 2004
- Flash MX 2004 Magic (two chapters), New Riders, 2004
- Airport Romance, 50-Word Stories, July 2016
- How I Became a Famous Writer, 50-Word Stories, June 2016
- All articles, 2004-present
Robert Hoekman Jr is the author of nine books. His work has been featured by Fast Company, WIRED, Huckberry, Bike Exif, Iron & Air, and many others. He is the cofounder and cohost of Spillers and the Spillers After Show podcast. He lives in downtown Phoenix with his partner Jodi and their dogs Max and Daisy.