Writing, editing, developing, and/or planning:
- Takeover!, a book by David Shen
- The Right Next Thing, a book by Christina Wodtke
- People Process Design, a book by Cynthia Owens and Dave King
- Stories on the UX of analog for WIRED: Design
- Ponto Final, a novel
- The Ginger Man, a story for Spillers No.7
- Spillers No.7
Spillers is Phoenix's premier short fiction storytelling event.
- The Build, Octane Press, 2016
- Experience Required, New Riders, 2015
- The Tao of User Experience, 2014
- Big Deal, 2011
- Designing the Obvious, 2nd Ed., New Riders, 2010
- Web Anatomy, New Riders, 2009
- Designing the Moment, New Riders, 2009
- Designing the Obvious, 1st Ed., New Riders, 2006
- Flash Out of the Box, O'Reilly, 2004
- Flash MX 2004 Magic (two chapters), New Riders, 2004
Press for The Build
The Build is an Amazon bestseller and has been featured by Bike Exif (excerpt), Maxim, Huckberry (excerpt), Iron & Air, Petrolicious, Gear Patrol, The Field Mag, Fatlace, Bike Exif: New and Notable, Bike Exif's Instagram page, The Drive, and Silodrome. See shots from the launch party in Austin, TX.
- All articles, 2004-present
- Airport Romance, 50-Word Stories, July 2016
- How I Became a Famous Writer, 50-Word Stories, June 2016
- 100 Creatives, #54, Phoenix New Times, July 2016
Robert Hoekman Jr is the author of nine books. His work has been featured by Fast Company, WIRED, Huckberry, Bike Exif, Iron & Air, and many others. He is the cofounder and cohost of Spillers and the Spillers After Show podcast. He lives in downtown Phoenix with his partner Jodi and their dogs Max and Daisy.
Download it here (1.1 MB).